Gentle Spectrums 2015

 
 
Hosted by Riedel Fascination
 
Reviews: mandatory
 
 For a second year, theGentle Spectrums challenge is taking place! It is a bit different from the rest of the reading challenges going - let's begin with the fact that it started just a week ago, on Feb 1st and will continue till the same date next year. The reason for it is the rush people feel around the holidays and the beginning of the New Year, so our hostess decided to accomodate us this way :). Reviews are mandatory, but as one of my goals is to write more reviews - especially through the year, I hope this will be helpful rather than  an obstacle.  The rules say even a line in Goodreads is enough, but my aim is for full bodied reviews. Talking about Goodreads, this challenge has a group there so you can join and duscuss what's going on! This challenge - along with the rest of the trio - is packed with activites along the way, and prizes for everyone taking part. I was lucky to be a winner of some, and can assure you they fly all over the world!
My intial plan this year I was to go only for the Gentle Subjects.My ambitions is to show more love to my TBRs and I'm not sure  if I have enough colour related titles to try the other sub-challenge too.But then I decided to just try and give it a go and see just how many colours I will be able to gather. By the way, I just love the new themes - I think the new Subjects will be even more fun to gather than last year!
 
 
 
**** (A)  LIMITLESS PALLET ****
I keep finding colour titles.  I wished to read whatever I liked;  not hold back for a year, because a colour got used.  Ask and ye shall receive!  For the first time in any circle:  choose a colour level!  Accepted now:  Colourful, colour, bright, light, iridescent, iridescence, dark, shade, hue, spectrum, rainbow, prism.

**** (B)  GENTLE SUBJECTS ****
We are going to revisit some favoured subjects and new ones I created!  Broad and easy to fulfill.  Please complete 1 each, of these 10 subjects.  Keep on adding anything that fits for extra points.

~ (1)  STONES  ~
Variations of the word, gems, jewellery, ruins, geological formations.
~  (2)  CHEERFUL  ~
Uplifting, positive messages;  conveys pleasant thoughts, images.
~  (3)  NATIONS  ~
Cultures, locations:  lakes, towns, even well-known places;  fictional included.
~  (4)  PLANTS  ~
Trees, flowers, lawns, fields, grasses, grains, and gardening paraphernalia.
~  (5)  WATER  ~
Water bodies, proper names, closely-connected components:  taps, sinks, pools.
~  (6)  SPACE  ~
The sky, its contents, spatial matter, concepts, tools.  Star Trek / Star Wars-related.
~  (7)  DAUNTING  ~
Any title that has you thinking:  “Oooo!  That does not sound good”!
~  (8)  STRUCTURES  ~
A building, its rooms, proper names, any of a structure’s parts.
~  (9)  TIME  ~
Any signifiers of time, like seasons.  Any unit-measurers, like watches and calendars.
~  (10 HUMOROUS  ~
Odd, or anything that gives you a grin.  I’ll accept a ‘pun laid on too thick’ grimace too!

Коментари

Популярни публикации от този блог

[book review] The Host/Скитница

Летен четатон

[readathon] Имало едно време... - Приказен четатон от bookfan.tasy